.jpg)
Okay I know this sounds really sad to be so excited about tomatoes but our tom plants have their first tomatoes on them :D I get very excited by my little veg patch as it has gone so well - as you can see we have monster Runner beans and I have just picked our first handful so we can have some for tea with some freshly picked broad beans.
Earlier in the week we had our first courgette. Again these have turned into monsters and we had to remove some leaves so we could move around them!! This morning on one plant alone I counted 11 courgettes at various stages of growth and we also have 3 other plants like this!!!! I think I shall be looking for plenty of courgette recipes in the coming weeks.
Our Peas are also coming along and just need to fill out so we can eat some - Fresh peas are my absolute favourite. I remember as a child when my great aunt had peas I was desperate to pick and eat them - I remember her stating regularly that a 2 legged bird had been at her peas lol.OK thats enough garden chat from me. I have taken the day off to play catch up with a lot of things and part of that I hope is to have a go at at least 1 card challenge so I hope to be back later with a pics but for now I must go and empty the washing machine and hang out its contents. Fingers crossed it won't rain!
No comments:
Post a Comment