Wednesday, 10 June 2009

where have 9 days of June gone!!!!!

I can't believe I have not blogged for 9 days :o Why have I not blogged- because now we are home it is back to boring daily routine which is no interest to anyone lol!

The major excitment for us has been watching the NBA finals between the Orlando Magic and the LA Lakers. Unfotunately Magic have lost the first 2 of 7 games but the last game was so close that I couldn't watch the end!!! We both have difficulty not searching online to see the results after a game as it is played in the early hours of the morning here and we record it to watch at more reasonable hour!!! (thanks FIVE - glad you have a purpose in our house now!!!!)

Newton Scrappers had their all day crop on Sunday - unfortunately the door would not open at the hall so we all took over my living room and banished Russ to upstairs - bless him. I really enjoyed having the girls here but was glad that it was just the 6 of us or we would have run out of room!!!

In the evening we had our first BBQ on our new BBQ (not actually ours in the picture). Russ cooked a whole chicken and it was sooooo moist and tasty (yes Mum it was totally cooked and no food poisoning;)). Lucy stayed to join us and apparently is still dreaming of it lol!

Well another working week is nearly over for me. I am surrounded by people with leaving dates who are giving daily countdowns to how long they have left to work ranging from 5.5 days to 40ish. For those of us still awaiting a leaving date it is quite depressing lol. At least I know within the next 8 weeks I shall have a leaving date and can start planning my future....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was fun on Sunday!

Glad the BBQ went well and well done to Russ for cooking a whole chicken on it.