Ok so maybe I havent posted as much as I would have planned. Its been much the same for my action plan.
On the positive we have done brilliantly on our monthly meal planning only changing 1 of the meals following a slight defrosting issue (no I didnt forget to take it out but it was too cold to defrost in time!!) I have the next month's meals planned out and on the plus side the majority is in the freezer already :) I have started a quilt but due to illness and work stress have not got too far - ok so that is a form of procrastination but the kind i cant really control (thats my excuse and im sticking to it). The hall has been a slight non starter. I wanted to start with the very disorganised nightmare coat cupboard and I did get some metal basket things that hang off shelves to store scarfs, hats and gloves as they are always going missing and they are working well. Much time has been spent researching and installing aquarium. A few years before we got married russ' dad paid for us to get a tropical setup. We had loads of fish and it was really successful until we had an outbreak of something which killed the lot including our foot long plec. We decided that we would not refill the tank. That was about 10 years ago and we have looked on so many occasions at new setups over the years but costs and timing have never been right. Over the festive period we decided this time we would go ahead and get a new setup with our christmas money from my parents. We got a really good deal and in the corner of our living room is our new tank. After today's visit (our second for fish purchase) to the aquatic shop, we have 11 fish - 5 barbs, 5 tetra and 1 catfish called Basil. We also have some assasin snails that will eat any other snail that develops. We did have 5 shrimp but they all had a liking for the filter and died :( We are all enjoying it and learning what is working and what isnt. Amelia loves fish and she is learning lots of fish trivia and annouced to mum and dad that the tank needed aorting as the plant was affecting the filter!! Not bad for a 2 year old. All in all it has not been a bad month but I hope that february will mean we move a little further forward hopefuly the weather will be much better than it has been and we can get out and about more. I am also learning to crochet - now those of you who remember my knitting attempts when I was pregnant will laugh their heads off but maybe this is a little less tecnical and straight forward - we will see lol... changing
No comments:
Post a Comment