Tuesday, 27 July 2010

RIP Sporting Bene


I'm sorry to appear with a sad post but we had to make the difficult decision to have Ben put to sleep this evening. We are both completely devastated but deep down we know it was the correct decision for him.

Over the last 12 months his back legs have deteriorated and in early may we were told it was a neurological problem and he was given tablets. Unfortunately these did not help in the way the vet had hoped and we did not want to prolong any suffering.

He was loyal loving dog who brought us nothing but happiness since we adopted him and he along with his brother left very large paw prints on our hearts. He loved Amelia and was very protective of her over these last few months despite his failing health and never showed an aggresive side in all the time we had him.

Sleep well Benny Boy we will never forget you.

5 comments:

Janice xxxx said...

so sorry Nona, I know you loved your doggy. Be happy you gave him a great life.

Unknown said...

Oh Fi - I'm so sorry to hear that you have had to make this difficult decision, I'm crying with you right now. You've done the right thing though and his life with you couldn't have been better. Love, hugs and shared tears. xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Fi, I didn't know your dog, but like others have said, I am in tears with you, its hard I know, we had to make a similar sad decision ourselves. Just know that you have done the right thing and that he is no longer in pain. Elaine xx

Lisa said...

I know your pain and send you lots of love

xxxx

Anonymous said...

I am just sending you a lot a hugs Fi, been there, done that. Jill xx