Monday, 18 May 2009

Stormy Stormy Night

As it was Sunday I fancied breakfast out today so we headed to the rainforest cafe at Animal Kingdom. They serve great breakfasts here and their tonga toast is raved about so much so I have been waiting 12 months to have some!!!! It was really nice with lots of Maple Syrup - that is my idea of a perfect sunday breakfast.


We then ventured into the park and we headed for Expedition Everest. We got fast pass' for later but as the queue line was short we joined that. A lady came upto us in the crowd and saw our anniversary badges, checked their was only 2 of us and gave us 2 fast pass' she had got meaning we didn't have to queue - rare acts of kindness like that make you realise that the world is not necessary as bad as it is reported on the news! I love the ride but anyone taking a trip here - don't travel on this ride just after you have eaten tonga toast!!!! I came off feeling a little queasy.


On the way in we also saw this gorgeous creature. When I was at primary school we had a stuffed giant anteater from the library/zoo as part of our rainforest project. It was great to see a live anteater and when we first saw him he was asleep. He reminded me of Ben as he was curled up and then rolled on his back with his legs in the air just like Ben does. He also had a manky tail, long nose and even longer tail - more Ben traits lol.

The heat got so bad by 2pm we left the park at 2.30 and headed back for the cool of the room. That of course meant falling asleep and I was rudely awoken by a large clap of thunder. We have had very heavy rain and storms since and decided against going out again tonight when we looked out about an hour ago! It is sounding a little calmer out there now but thunder is still rolling around.

Tomorrow we are having break from the parks and plan to head to Prime outlets at the top of I-drive and make our way down I-drive. I may even get to a Michaels :o

1 comment:

Lucy x said...

Really glad you're having a wonderful time. It looks like such good fun.

Hope the storm passed and you have a great time at the outlets